As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ummm, I sort of wish the lovely Ann had never introduced me to the gloriously delicious confection that is Creme Brulee Croissant French Toast
. Sort of.
But then, had she not, I would’ve missed out on what may be the world’s most delicious brunch dish (and about 1000 calories, but that’s besides the point). And, also, then I wouldn’t be able to share this with you as part of Winter Whites.
If you love french toast, or croissants, or creme brulee, you must. try. this monkey-bread-ish delight. In fact, this might be a reason to have people over for brunch. Seriously.
Creme Brûlée Croissant French Toast
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp corn syrup
9-12 medium sized croissants cut into bite sized pieces
2 cups half and half
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Grand Marnier
1/2 tsp salt
1) In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add in brown sugar and corn syrup and stir until dissolved.
2) Pour carmel sauce into a greased 9 x 13 pan and spread out. Put the pieces of croissant evenly over the sauce.
3) Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over croissants trying to cover all pieces.
4) Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
5) Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
Enjoy. Really, please try this. I will pass along your compliments to Ann.