As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. That my husband knows me so well. Monday was oneofthosedays- busy, running on 3 hours of sleep (the kids played tag team getting up all night), grouchy kiddos, overwhelmed mama, too much to do, lingering colds plus pinkeye- r.o.u.g.h. all around.
Enter my knight in shining armor- Adam got home, fed our kiddos dinner,got the laundry started and the kitchen cleaned while I sat in our bed and put together a guest post. That’s romance, friends.
2. A finished race! To be honest, after the Rock ‘n Roll half marathon Sunday, I haven’t run at all this week. But my mama and I finished at our goal time and we didn’t walk at all (two of her gauges for a successful race). And it’s DONE! Woohoo!
3. Burke right now. I love him in all his three year oldness. He is curious and observant (which means I need to up my filter a little) and getting funnier by the day. We’ve been doing the MamaSchool curriculum by Alison at Oopsey Daisy (right now we’re studying apples) and I can’t tell you how much fun I am having with him.
4. Fall in Denver. It’s been in the 70s all week- need I say more?
5. Siblings (and sibling-in-laws). My brother and Trish are here in Denver, Jord and Drew are coming this week (they’re flying out of Denver for their big move), and our little sis Kedron is coming down as well. Even though having Jord and Drew overseas is going to be a not-so-pleasant shock to my system, seeing all of them this week makes my heart darn happy.
Glad that you can find things to be grateful for in your not so happy/shiny life 🙂
Jennifer Peterson says
Much like you, I am very thankful for my husband this week. I am also thankful for my little sister and mom who pushed and pushed to finish items for our first ever craft show appearance.
Somedays, all you can do is count the blessings that you have and ignore the things that aren't going so well.
awww…i just love ya, sweet girl 🙂 YA for your race!!! it feels so good to be done, but such a huge accomplishment! are you gonna homeschool?? you totally should, but that's just my opinion 😉