As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
To make one of these lovelies yourself, you’ll need
-a ribbon or strip of fabric for the base
1. Tear thin strips of fabric (mine were about 2″ wide). You can make these as long as you’d like (I’ve seen really long ones!), but mine were about three feet long.
2. Take one strip of fabric, fold at the center. Put the center loop one side of your base fabric/ribbon (I used another length of torn fabric).
3. Take the two ends and tuck them back through the loop.
4. Pull tight. Add to each side with lengths of coordinating torn fabric (as a side note, I can not think of a palette that wouldn’t be gorgeous for this… all white? Coral, aqua and yellow for Piper Jane’s room? Kelly green, black and white? Sunny shades of orange, yellow and red? Lovelovelove!).
5. When your garland is nice and thick, use it to decorate lemonade bars and birthday parties and baby showers. I think they’d even be gorgeous as home decor!
so cute!! i kinda want to make one now.
I love this idea! It's super easy and just so girly! Love the colors too.
mindy starr cone says
cute! thanks for the tutorial!
mindy from CREATIVE JUICE
Saw something like this, but with smaller strips, at a craft fair the other day. They tied the strips on a string of lights. So cute! That's what I will be doing this weekend. I have some scraps that match a wreath I made for Christmas. Can't wait to see it!
Love the colors you used! Can’t believe how simple it was! Thanks for sharing.
Adding you to my G+
LOVE this, just beautiful! Making it today! Thanks for sharing!