As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
One of our nursery decor projects for our littlest sis, Kedron, and her vintage alphabet nursery was a ruffled “A” monogram (her last name starts with an A) to hang above the crib.
To make one yourself, you’ll need:
-an embroidery hoop
-a rectangle of fabric at least three times as long as the height of the embroidery hoop
-floral or craft wire
-a printed template of the monogram you’re wanting to make
-a whole pile of no sew jersey ruffles (I used about 40 for the “A”)
-a whole pile of little felt circles (you’ll use the same amount of felt circles and ruffles)
-hot glue gun and hot glue
1. Print out your letter template. Follow it to make a wire letter with floral wire or craft wire. Put a little hanging hook at the top of your letter.
2. Place a jersey ruffle on the front of your wire outline. Secure in place by hot gluing a square of felt to the back of the ruffle.
3. Continue gluing ruffles onto the wire outline until the whole thing is covered in ruffles.
4. Iron pleats into a piece of fabric that coordinates with your decor.
5. Place the pleated fabric into an embroidery hoop. Secure by placing a cardstock circle in the back of the embroidery hoop (I used my smaller hoop circle as a template for the cardboard circle).
6. Put your ruffled monogram on the pleated fabric- help it stay put with a few stitches.
7. Hang. Gorgeous, right?
If you make one of these, we’d love it if you’d add your pictures to our flickr group!
Nancy's Couture says
So pretty and girly! I love that it's attached to the hoop instead of just hanging the a on the wall all alone.
That's really pretty! I love how ruffly and puffy it is! Thanks so much, I'll be linking.