As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m 31 weeks pregnant. That means, in theory, there are 9 weeks left before Babycakes #2 makes an appearance. I’m hoping to complete a craft project a week before then… In no particular order, here they are:
1. Make a diaper bag for myself and a matching one for my sis as well. Perhaps a modification of the weekender tote at sew spoiled? A couple other diaper bag tutorials I’ve seen:
Diaper bag tutorial at Sew Much Ado
This diaper bag at Moda Bake Shop (I like all the pockets!)
This hip mama diaper bag at a mingled yarn is supercute and kind of like a purse… I like that.
2. Make a baby changing pad/station and a cute little wipes case (tutorial at sew spoiled). Maybe also make a little diaper pouch to go with this?
3. Sew our pergola cover.
4. Put together a kickin’ party for Cocktails and Mocktails v2.0.
5. Work on Burke’s big boy room. Hopefully we’ll be able to make his toddler bed (we’re going to use this tutorial at design*sponge) and get some of his kelly green/navy/aqua decor in there before August.
6. Make Keadryn, Sayla and their cousin Addie coordinated-but-not-exactly-the-same dresses for their family photo shoot in July using the Alexander Henry Mocca fabric above. I’m thinking that means more shirring!
7. Throw a vintage-y owl baby shower for Kedron.
8. Refinish and repurpose some of our furniture… There’s a media center to paint, a table top to stain, and coffee table to re-work. We’ll see what I can get to.
9. Sew Kiji’s nursery decor- her bumper, crib skirt, and a little quilt. And maybe a pillow or some art work for kicks. That vintage alphabet by Martha Stewart above is part of her decorating scheme.
*all images from sites mentioned
Wow, I am impressed with all the things you get done being 31 weeks pregnant!! Way impressive. Love the diaper bag you are going to make. I cannot wait to see how it turns out.
You must have way more energy than I ever did the last weeks of pregnancy. Looking forward to see what you make! At least if you are busy, it will help the time go by faster!
I love the moda bake shop diaper bag! So Pretty!
Midwestern Gone Idahoan says
You go girl!! I always felt like I was trying to get everything in the world done before the baby got here!! Have fun!!
1 Funky Woman says
Boy, I remember doing so many things when I was pregnant. I'm impressed with all your projects! I hope you get it all done!
Robo Family says
This must be what nesting is like when you're crafty! Have fun!
I'm at 31 weeks too and I NEED to make myself a diaper bag as well, so thanks for the all the great links!!
I saw someone incorporating some pockets for her camera as well, I SO want to do that!
I have tons of projects I want to finish before my due date as well … too bad naps wins over craft time most of the time!
Jess, Matt, and Jackson McGurn says
You're amazing! I'm pretty sure there is no way I could ever accomplish what you can in a short period. I hope it keeps your mind off the calendar!
Pati @ A Crafty Escape says
I'm so excited about everything you are making!!!
that is quite a list! I am going to make my little guys crib bedding, so I am curious what tutorial/pattern you use. Obviously you are rather busy but if you get a chance to share that would be FANTASTIC! I love your blog!
wow that is such a big list 🙂 You can totally do it though. If you want to add another one to your list I would be more than happy to send you a free pattern from my etsy shop at http://avisiontoremember.etsy.com
And no this is not spam because I don't want anything in return. Just my thanks to you for sharing so many awesome things with me and the world. I hope you have a great day
You guys get more done pregnant than I do when I'm not!! You better post pictures of all your fun sewing projects!
And you should really start selling some of your precious stuff on your Etsy!
Go you!! You've got a lot of motivation. I think I was the laziest thing on this planet when I was just 9 weeks away from having my baby.
Hope you get around to making the diaper clutch. I love mine so much!