thanksgiving leftover station (with free printable leftover labels)

the ultimate thanksgiving leftover station with free printable labelsThanksgiving- the grand Holiday-of-Food-and-Family- is pretty much one of the best days of the year. Family and friends paired with pie, turkey, sweet potato casserole and more pie is kind of an unbeatable combo. Unless, that is, you figure out a way to extend the goodness of Thanksgiving past Thursday evening.

the ultimate thanksgiving leftover station (with free leftover labels)Yes, I am suggesting a Thanksgiving Leftover Station filled with takeout boxes, packaging goodies, and bags for your guests to package and take home the year’s yummiest leftovers.

thanksgiving leftover station with takeout containers and labels (free printables included!)thanksgiving leftover station packagingAdd in yummy bread for turkey sandwich making, all of the leftover Thanksgiving goodness, and food labels (printed labels for the large takeout containers and washi-tape labels for the sauce-sized takeout cups) and your Leftover Station is complete.

thanksgiving leftover packaging stationSince Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year, I am usually a little sad when the day wraps up. This leftover station, though, just might do the trick to cheer me up (especially because I love, and I mean really lo-ove, Thanksgiving leftovers!).

thanksgiving leftover station- free printable labelsEven better, since your Thanksgiving probably needs a Leftover Station as well, the thanksgiving leftover printable labels are here¬†(I included some ‘classics’ like turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole and cranberries, and also a page of blank labels so you can add your own menu items).

thanksgiving leftover station

ps- Just to keep things real- I thought of this leftover station laying in bed one night last week (that’s when my best thinking happens). I couldn’t wait for actual Thanksgiving in a few weeks and still get y’all the printables in time for your own leftover stations, so we had a pre-Thanksgiving (dubbed ‘blogsgiving’ by Jordan) this weekend. Oh the life of a blogger. I’m interested to hear Burke and Pi tell their friends about this stuff as they get older- haha!

Comments

1. Dayna says

You are hysterical! However, as someone who shares your love of Thanksgiving, I think this is a FANTASTIC idea. Super creative and I love the printables (as usual).

I noticed you didn’t need to make a “leftover wine” label though…

2. Tricia says

I, for one, am thankful for blogsgiving because it turned out to be twice the thanksgiving this year. (Actually 4 times, if you count leftovers. Which CLEARLY, we did). It was so fun to eat them last night-felt like thanksgiving take out.

Thanksgiving takeout = best ever. :) Thanks for making the Green Bean Casserole (and helping us eat all of that food!). :)

What a fabulous idea! I’m doing a mini thanksgiving tonight, and I can’t wait to give these a try!

Did you ever get around to trying the pumpkin biscuits? I’m dying to hear what you thought!

:-)
    Rach

Hey Jill, I got all of the containers on Amazon- I got 1 oz sauce cups, medium sized freezable soup containers (16 oz I believe) and Chinese Take Out boxes. I made the pie boxes- I’ll be sharing the free printable template for those soon. Hope that helps!

• Elizabeth says

Hello!
        This is all soooooo cute and creative I cant wait to do it myself!
        I was just wondering if you posted the pie box template yet?
        Thanks a bunch!

Hey Elizabeth- we haven’t. It’s part of a campaign that should be rolling out shortly… though, I haven’t heard the final date yet. Hoping to have that info soon. :)

Courtney, I had some round kraft paper labels on hand (12 per page, but they don’t have a brand or a template number on them). All of the white labels I just printed onto full page label paper (also, had it on hand, plus it seemed easiest).

4. Dedie May says

I cannot figure out how to print the thanksgiving printable. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks for such a cute idea.
    :D

Sure- just hold your mouse over the words ‘thanksgiving leftover station printable are here.’ It should show that link- click on it and print. :) Hope that helps!