Today, I thought I’d share the tutorial for the little teeny bows. They are very much based on Disney’s fabulous felt bows, but I thought I’d show you how to make the fabric ones as well.
1. Cut out two rectangles of fabric. Round the corners. Fold down two of the short edges, making finished edges. Sew around the perimeter of the two long edges and the not-folded over short edge. Leave the folded over edge open.
2. Turn the rectangle right side in.
3. Pin the folded over edges in place.
4. Top stitch around the entire rectangle, sewing the rectangle closed Follow the round of the corners.
6. Pleat the rectangle with your fingers…
7. …add a small rubber band onto the ribbon…
8. … hot glue the ribbon/bias tape back to itself, securing the bow in place and leaving the rubber band accessible to slip over teeny piggies.
Stay tuned- I am hoping to have the pleated dress tutorial up tomorrow.