I know, I am a little obsessed with doilies right now. I made the pinwheels but still had about 3/4 of the package left, so I decided to make a doily wreath as well!
First Keadryn and I dyed the doilies. We used tea and red food coloring to make a muted pink. We just dipped in stacks of doilies (several at a time) and then took them out and let them dry. We tried dyeing them individually, but because they are so thin they ripped easily when wet. It actually worked better to dye a whole stack at once without peeling them apart (about 10-15). We also let them dry without peeling them and it was easy to peel them apart once they were dry. Not all of my batches were exactly the same color, but I like it better that way, I think it adds dimension to the final wreath.
ps- The drop waist beach dress tutorial should be up tomorrow (still putting it together and sewing like a crazy woman to try to finish up my ‘charity week’ projects).