I think I’ve probably mentioned the stark contrast in Burke’s and Piper Jane’s personalities before- he is mellow, and sweet, and even, and pretty darn easy. She is… well, not easy. The girl makes me laugh like I can’t describe, but also is going to be the death of me. High highs and low lows, that one. I was sharing my Piper-Jane-Exasperation with my mama earlier this week and she was (unsuccessfully) trying not to laugh. I am pretty sure she thinks I am getting what was coming to me- haha!
And even though she makes me want to pull my hair out, I am really trying to appreciate The Little Miss Priss in all her sassy glory. A few Piper Jane-y things that just delight my heart lately-
1. Mini pigtails. My sweet friend Lindsay inspired me to try them (her daughter, Harper, is the same age as Piper Jane and Lindsay always puts Harper’s hair in the cutest piggies) and I can’t get enough. When I see that little tiny head bobbing around, curly pigtails bouncing, I die.
2. Tiny Toms. They were a Christmas present from Nana. And that pop of yellow on the bottom? Adorable.
3. Painted fingernails. She is a girly girl, through and through. She loves purses, and lip gloss, and trying on my high heels. On Thursday, she saw this pink nail polish on my dresser and kept asking, “Pease? Pease?” It’s Pompeii Purple (on of my all time fave’s)- the girl’s got a good eye.
4. Her sweet edge. Even though she has more than her fair share of sass, she has a cuddle-y, sweet, soft side as well. I love her snuggles and sweetnesses more than I can tell you.
5. Her BFF. Burke is her favorite person in the world. She adores him. Maybe some of his gentle, mellowness will rub off on her?
Do any of you have kids with drastically different personalities? Do y’all have any tips for me as I try to navigate the choppy waters of being a mama to this little Sassafrass?