Oh Rae. How I love you and your gorgeous, precise sewing (sunsuits and tights and beautiful bags) and your clean prettiness! The Buttercup Bag is one of my all time favorites (I made a couple last year!) and don’t get me started on the Pierrot top (adore).
And Rae is HERE today with a round up of Guy Goodness from around the internet… yep, more Gifts for Guys ideas!
Hi everyone! I’m Rae of Made by Rae and I’m thrilled to be here today to help provide some gift-making inspiration for the guys in your life! To do this I want to showcase some great tutorials from the “Celebrate the BOY” series that Dana of MADE and I have co-hosted on our blogs for the last couple of years. We have hosted two month-long winter “Celebrate the BOY” series in 2010 and 2011 and a shorter one-week summer series this past June.
The focus of Celebrate the BOY is often sewing garments for (little) boys, but we’ve had a number of guests who have presented wonderful projects that would also make great gifts for boys, teens, and men. So I thought it would be fun to put together a collection of 20 great posts from Celebrate the BOY here on kojo designs!
[Note: I’m listing them here with the name of the blog they came from; clicking on the link or the picture will bring you back to their feature post and a link to the tutorial so you can make one too]
Maybe you’ll be inspired to make or adapt something here for YOUR guy!
6. Superhero Magnets from Chez Beeper Bebe for the comic nerd in your life:
8. Messenger bag from Punkin Patterns — this is a “little boy size” but could easily be scaled up for guys of any age!
11. This Little pirate costume set from MADE would make a neat gift set:
12. Maybe with a little striped Hobo Sack to keep it all together?
14. Toy Bag and Lego Sack from Make it Perfect — a great gift along with a set of Lego or Duplo!
16. Snack Bandolier from Whipstitch (pair this with some little toys:
18. Car Toy Mats (you’ll find three different fold-up-and-go car mat tutorials at that link along with a whole bunch of other ideas for on-the-go-toy gifts):
20. and finally, are you feeling REALLY ambitious? Check out the Reversible Lego Table tutorial from Piccoli Piselli! This could be a cool train or art table too!
Between the Gifts for Guys Goodness (I’ll put all of it together in one big ol’ round up on November 30th), and Rae‘s great ideas, I have enough Guy Gift ideas to keep me busy for awhile. You too?