your house needs one

When my brother and sister-in-law moved to Denver, I put together a little “Welcome to your new home!” present- some embroidered home decor highlighting all of the places they’ve lived. It’s both simple and standout- seriously, you need one.

Come see us at Little Miss Momma for details, pictures, and a tutorial!

post signature

Comments

1. Kimiko says

Kirstin. FanTAStic idea! My parents have lived so many, many places & my Mom loves needlework. This kind of gift would make her so happy!

2. ashley @ little miss momma says

its so fun having you at my place for the day! thanks for sharing your beyond adorable creation :) i want one now!

3. I am LOVD says

Saw this at Little Miss Momma and had to stop by and say "Pleased to meet you!" Great craft, especially for those of us who don't sew… it seems easy enough if one can thread a needle!

4. kirstin & jordan says

@Kimiko

Your family was one of the families I thought of when I was making this! With lots of moves (and thus lots of little embroidered places!), I feel like this would be such fun home decor!!!

5. kirstin & jordan says

@sandiegodutchjess
    It IS Farmington- my dad is a mining engineer, so we lived there twice ('84-'89 and '92-'02)! I graduated from FHS in '98 and Jordan graduated from PV in '00. :) That's so fun!!! Nice to meet you!

6. The Reeds says

I just got a sewing machine and aside form some home ec things and a few blips as a college students- I've never sewn! What project could I do for Claire that you would recommend starting with??

7. kirstin & jordan says

@The Reeds
    so fun! the half and half skirt (any skirt really) is a super simple project… the "how to make a skirt" series at MADE (dana-made-it.com) is fabulous. I think you could make one in an evening, no problem. :)
    YAY for sewing machines!