As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello sweet friends! Happy Saturday! What better way to start off the weekend than an oh-so-random list? 😉
Things I Am Not-
1. Easy on myself. I wish I was.
2. A spender. The Dental School Budget has worsened this trait, but I was already a deal shopper before the Crazy Budget was in place. I don’t know if I’ll ever buy an Anthro dress, or a Restoration Couch, or even just Whole Foods groceries, at full price.
3. Nearly as organized as I’d like to be. For those of you who are- will you teach me?
4. A worrier. I’m just not. I worry about Burke and Piper Jane more than anything before them, but I just always figure things will work out fine.
5. One of those people who can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound. Well, except for when I was pregnant with Piper Jane, but that’s just because I spent nine months throwing up every calorie that passed through my lips.
6. Good at saying no.
7. Thick skinned. I always pray that I would just be me and not care what people say/think, but God hasn’t answered that prayer yet.
8. An extrovert. People always think I am. But nope. I need some serious alone time to be cordial around people.
9. Tell it like it is. I’d rather just keep it to myself- haha. 🙂 Maybe someday?
10. A morning person. Ugh.
11. Athletic. Not unless you consider shlepping my two kids and a jogging stroller around various parks and neighborhoods a sport.
12. Ever finished decorating. Every room in our house is always “In Progress” to me.
13. Ok with messes. Can’t do it. It makes life with a three year old and a one year old a little challenging. That being said, I also am not…
14. Ever going to have a craft room that stays clean. Which pretty much drives me nuts.
15. A genetic powerhouse. My husband, on the other hand, is progressively mastering the art of making Mini-me’s (or Mini-Him’s more accurately) one clone-baby at a time. I mean, obviously, Piper Jane is a girl. But I think she resembles Adam’s baby pictures even more than Burke, which is saying something. Just imagine if we have a third.
16. Done with Piper Jane’s room. My self imposed finish-up deadline is today. I’m giving myself an extension until Monday (that’s the great thing about self imposed deadlines- you can move them around- haha!). I have three projects to finish up (and a couple that got bumped from the list). Hmmm… maybe Monday is too soon? I’ll keep you posted.
Oh, Kirsten, you remind me so much of myself when my kids were those ages. They are now 15 and 17. Before you know it they will be teenagers, others warned me, they were right. But, you are on the right path to be sure. Your kids, through your time and example, will turn out to be good, loving children who are respectful and kind and considerate and thoughtful, just as their parent's are. I think the ability to self-reflect, as you have done here, is so important and cleansing, isn't it? By being this sort of person and by having a blog (an outlet) you are making yourself a better person and a great mom and wife!
i am not….very different from YOU!! we are so alike, girl it's not even funny! 🙂 i disagree with some of yours…like you are athletic, just so you know. no one i know runs marathons that isn't somewhat athletic 😉
love ya, chica.
Bless by Tone says
# 15 – you might still be a generic powerhouse – they say babies always look most like the father the first year – because we always know who's the mother. Tone – I'm NOT tidy
Leigh Anne says
What a fun post! I so agree with many of the things you said 🙂 I'm not an exerciser – as much as I want to be. I've done it regularly for a while now and still don't feel the love. Everyone says that eventually you will love it or can't do without it, but don't think I will ever get there. I do it cuz I have to in order to maintain my weight and be healthy…..still prayin' for the love 🙂
taradara made it says
But you ARE way ahead of me on your clock!!!!!
I love this new series! I am NOT good at finishing things in order. Before I can get anything done, I always add something to the list. At least I'm always busy!
Wahzat Gayle says
I am not any good at being neat.
I probably will never be clutter free
or organised for that matter.
It give me some distress but working on just accepting that these too make me Me!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
The Leaf says
When my oldest daughter was born she was (and still is) the spitting image of her father. Then, we had a son and he also took after his side of the family. When I became pregnant again I said, "Third time's the charm, THIS one will for sure look like me!" Nope, she is a good mix of her older brother and older sister who both look like their dad! Try, try again!
Wray Sist3rs says
1. Can I just say that I love your new Fall header!
2. I loved this post! I am pretty sure you described me to a tee! Except for the spending… you must teach me your frugal ways. And the genetically superior husband. My son looks nothing like his dad, but everything like my dad so I guess I am the genetically superior one. HA!
3. One thing I am not… a girl that knows anything about hair or make-up. I am clueless when it comes to that stuff. Maybe that is why I want all boys 😉
That was so fun to read! I love that you moved the deadline for Piper's room. That is totally something I would do too 🙂 and I think my house is always "unfinished" too. Haha.