DIY nursery decor ideas

DIY nursery decorPiper Jane’s nursery is taking much longer than I anticipated (she is almost one already!)… Today I thought I’d share a few of the projects I’m working on and a couple sneak peaks as well!

This most fabulous of spray painted salvaged windows is currently acting as above-the-crib decor… It’s one of my favorite things in her room right now…

Those geography cards are another current fave.

ps- This is the first glimpse of Piper Jane’s almost done room! End-of-September is my self imposed finish up deadline- can’t wait to show you the finished room!

Comments

1. Peggy says

Ok Kirstin, I have to admit I am now 100% officially envious/covetous. See I love me some Martha Stewart… in fact I was buying her stuff when she initially came out with her website (yes that long ago since they discontinued on-line sales for a number of years.) And now a few of my friends (as in met in real life friends) have been the sent the whole line as well. So now I am saving my pennies…. (and to think we just started in on our hardcore budget!! I guess its time to start the ebay sales and possibly etsy shop)

Okay now I wanted to tell you I AM SO HAPPY for YOU! This is truly an awesome line and I know you will do amazing things with it!! CONGRATULATIONS!! and please do ENJOY! (that way I can enjoy it vicariously through you!! cause you always do things that make me SMILE!)

2. DWYHomemaking says

Beautiful! Love all the possibilities with the new paint, I would probably have at least 17 projects as well :)!

3. Andrea says

So, so adorable! Such a great idea for the alphabet cards! But I swear, as someone that lives where there are earthquakes, my heart rate went up seeing the shelf above the crib =)

4. lauryn says

no way this is darling. i really am just dying right now looking at everything. i want to pin all the pictures!! that spray painting stuff is AWESOME!
    thanks for sharing. adorable little babies.
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

5. Rachael says

Wow, I didn't know that spray painting kits existed, and YES I looked for coral spray paint for FOUR long months before giving up and moving on… Man I love the color you came up with and will have to ask for a spray painting kit for Christmas so I can finally make myself a coral belt!

6. Rachael says

Wow, I didn't know that spray painting kits existed! And YES I search for FOUR months for coral spray paint. Why don't they sell that color? Anyway your color is gorgeous and I found something to add to my Christmas list! THANKS for sharing!

7. kirstin & jordan says

@The Reeds
    Hey Georgia! Of course you noticed the cards. :) I love that.
    I REALLY wanted travel-themed flash cards and couldn't find any, so I just made them. The places are all special to our family (aka- we've been there, friends live there, we're planning to go there, etc.).
    I definitely need to make you a Uganda one! Email me your info (address, color for the ink and 4×6 or 5×7) and I'll get that in the mail! :)

8. kirstin & jordan says

@The Reeds
    Hey Georgia! Of course you noticed the cards. :) I love that.

9. Katie says

OMG! I love what you've made & of course your color choice! I can't wait to see all the other projects you have in store for us!

10. April says

Beautiful! I love it! I saw something similar on pinterest and was working on my own version in my head, but seeing yours…I am SOOOOO copying! Oh, btw…soo jealous! That set is ah-mazing! I know you'll have a blast with it! Hope you share some more ideas for it soon!

11. Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com says

Wow, what a beautiful coral!! I love, love what you have done with it!! The coral coordinates so well with those adorable flashcards, so pretty!! :) Michelle

12. Flor says

I saw this at Michael's and was curious about it! so glad I saw your post.. Now Im really gonna have to check it out! That frame with the alphabet cards came out ADORABLE! Great job! :)

13. Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com says

Your nursery is SO cute!! I love the colors. And that alphabet board and monogram are so pretty!

xoxo
    Jen

14. Julie {BuildSewReap} says

Oh man, this stuff looks like so much fun! I'd be like you with ideas just flooding through my head. I'm super excited about the idea of spray paint in any color as well – boy am I tired of wishing I had a spray painter but not wanting to shell out the big bucks at the hardware store (nor bust something that big out for a small project). Thanks for letting us know about these great products!! I know what I'll be asking for my birthday. :)

BTW, the project is SUPER cute and Piper Jane's room is looking great!

15. kirstin & jordan says

@Carmen Lee
    Hey Carmen! There is an "etching" add-in that makes the paint stay on ceramics. We used the paints (and the etching stuff) on the elephant shower favors and have put them through the dishwasher a ton and it's held up really well.