you are my sunshine shower (and a paintchip banner how-to)

Want a recipe for a great, low-key, You Are My Sunshine baby shower?

Here it is- Friday night, open house, dessert menu, and sunshine-y décor! Seriously, y’all, I love baby showers like this!
The super simple (and yummy) spread included yellow candy, yellow cakeballs with gold sanding sugar sprinkled on top, yellow mini cupcakes, yellow fruit, lemon thumbprint cookies, lemonade, dried apple slices, goldfish crackers and popcorn.
The décor was a mix of cheerful yellow and white splashes- sunshine-y blooms, a paintchip banner, some ruffled streamers, and a You Are My Sunshine garland.

My two favorite parts? I lo-oved the little sunshine-y cupcake toppers…

…and the paintchip banner was both pretty and also really simple to put together!
In case you’re wanting to make a paintchip banner, too, here’s the How To-

Collect paint chips in your color palette (the big ones with a variety of hues work best) and cut into triangles (I made a little triangle template as my model and then cut around it)…

…pin a grosgrain ribbon along the top edge of the triangles…

…sew the coordinating ribbon in place (you could also hot-glue in place for a No-Sew version)…

…and done!

This shower was the epitome of summer- easy, breeze-y, laidback, sunshine-y, fabulous! If you have a baby shower to put together in the next month or two and need something super simple, You Are My Sunshine is the theme for you!

*EDITED TO ADD* The free download for the You Are My Sunshine cupcake toppers is here!

Comments

1. Tasha says

Oh, I just love it! Truly. Sometimes we just need to go simple right? Yet, yours always does not still look simple. (even if it felt that way) It looks fabulous. I love that you about you.

2. Lissa says

Love how you made this look so easy…and soooo cheery! Those cupcake toppers with the lines from the song are adorable. :-)

3. Bellenza Wedding Bistro says

Love how you made this look so simple…and soooo cheery! Those cupcake toppers with the lines from the song are adorable. :-)

4. kirstin & jordan says

Hey y'all! You're too cute about the cupcake toppers (well, about everything else too!). :)
    This week is super crazy- party planning, vacation-readying, crazy. But if I have some time when things settle a bit, I'll whip up a printable for the cupcake toppers. :)

5. kirstin & jordan says

6. Tiff says

Love this theme! I am actually using this for my best friends shower in a few months. What did you guys do for invites? I would love to get some ideas on that.

7. Amy says

Love this idea! I am planning to use this theme for an April shower. Did you ever create the cupcake topper template? Would love to use it!!

I love it that you’re doing this theme. I didn’t ever make a printable, but we check your inbox *wink wink* :)

8. Kathleen Diamond says

Love this theme!
    Having a baby shower for my daughter in law.
    This will be our 5th GRANDchild & our 4th GRANDson!
    Wanted something Sunny & cheery!
    I luv the banner, & cupcake topper ( & everything else )!
    Would you be so kind to share the template??
    Kathleen. :)

9. Sue says

My daughter in law is doing a yellow and grey nursery and has a framed print of the song “you are my sunshine” for our first grandchild’s nursery. We are running with the theme for her shower this summer. Love the cupcake toppers! Is there a way to print them? We appreciate all your inspiration and fun ideas!

10. megan says

I love the cupcake toppers! They are absolutely perfect for the shower I am throwing for a friend. Please share! :)

11. Brooklyn says

Cupcake topper printable would be fabulous! Planning a sunshine themed bridal shower and these are perfect !

12. Ranee says

using this theme for my 2 year olds birthday party. Would you be willing to share the printable for the cupcake topper.

13. Lilah says

Sooo cute! I am planning a last minute baby shower this week and those cupcake toppers would be perfect! I don’t know if you’ll see this in time, but could you please send me the template, too?

14. Holly says

Would you please please email me the cupcake toppers!!! They would be perfect for my son’s first birthday party!!!

15. Jaime says

I’d love the cupcake toppers! It is exactly what I am looking for for my daughter’s third birthday in September. Thank you!

Hi! I am throwing my BF a baby shower in August and I would LOVE the cupcake topper. Is it on your website anywhere or can you email it? Thanks!!!