anthropologie inspired hair pin tutorials

DIY vintage yo yo hairpins (anthropologie inspired)Today our friend Ashley from Little Miss Momma is here with a FABULOUS knock-off tutorial for YOU!
Anthropologie Knock Off
Vintage Yo Yo Bobby Pins
Hi girlies! I’m Ashley {aka Little Miss Momma},
and I am super pumped to be guest posting today!
 This is me:

And I started Little Miss Momma a year ago:

A blog where I talk about my life lessons as a momma-in-training {with some crafting during nap time}.

If you’ve ever seen any of my tutorialsthen you know I love me a good knock off. And naturally, one of my favorite sites to get ideas is Anthropologie. I stumbled upon these beauties, and knew I wanted to try my own version.

{source: Anthropologie}

And now, for my version:

In my family, we have a Yo Yo quilt that has been passed down for 4 generations.  It is made with vintage fabric, and it makes my heart swoon.  The only problem, it has begun to tatter and fall apart. And the girls in our family have been trying to find alternate uses for the classic yo yo’s.  So I very carefully used a seam ripper to remove a handful of yo yo’s from the outer edge of my blanket–to use on this vintage project.

To make your own yo yo’s, see this tutorial.

• Fabric Yo Yo’s

• Bobby Pin blanks {available in jewelry section at Joann’s}

• Buttons and/or scrap booking embellishments

• Ribbon, tulle or any other extras you like

• Scissors

• Hot glue gun and glue

Lay out all your Yo Yo’s and start gettin’ creative as you make your button/yo yo combinations.

Grab your bobby pin base and add a drop of hot glue.

Place on the backside of a yo yo. Allow to cool.

Flip over and apply a drop of glue to the center of the front of your yo yo. Then place your button on top. Allow to cool.

Yep, it’s really that easy.

I hope you enjoyed the world’s easiest knock off project!

I would love for you to come visit me some time and check out my other simple tutorials.

Happy Crafting!
Run… don’t walk… over to Little Miss Momma to say hi! She’ll feel like your BFF in now time! :)

While you’re at it, head on over to see Adrianna’s knock-off summer clothes at Craftiness is Not Optional!

And don’t forget to check out Knock Off Decor- the sponsor of this blog series! There are knock offs of great stuff from Urban Outfitters, Crate and Barrel, West Elm and more- go check it out!

Comments

1. Ashley @ Little Miss Momma says

YAY, I am so excited to be a guest on one of the greatest blogs ever! Thank you so much for having me and for hosting such a fun series! Gotta love knock offs!!!!

2. Michelle Life Buy The Beach says

These came out beautiful. so delicate and petite. I think she should sell them in her etsy shop.

3. Life In The Thrifty Lane says

Thanks for the tutorial! Yours turned out great,and is nice that you used the yo-yo's from the quilt and reused them :)
    Veronica

4. Karina Wetzel says

Love it! I must try this :-) … Ashley is so beautiful inside and out and I just love reading her blog every single day! Thanks for sharing!

5. Van Wynsberg says

This is great! But where did you find so many different colored Fabric Yo Yo's? I've looked at the JoAnn's in my town and there isn't much to choose from ;/
    Do you order them online per-chance?

Thanks for sharing your creativity! :) I always enjoy the inspiration.

• catwings says

You can make your own yoyos from scraps of fabric. 3 inch circle of fabric. Take a needle & thread with a knot at the end. Made a running stitch 1/8 of an inch from edge of circle. Draw the thread tight & tye off with a knot.Flatten and you have a yoyo.

6. Suburban says

I love this tutorial. I will have to give this one a try. I was just thinking about how to make this…thxs!

7. Ashley@Heart2Heart says

I LOVE these, they are just so cute!! I love the creativity and that they are so much cheaper than buying from anthro!! You both are incredible!!

8. Rachel@oneprettything.com says

These are GORGEOUS! I love them for a gift idea- I might make some this weekend! Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

9. Jayna Rae says

I love the vintage fabric and the story behind it. I may scour the thrift store for a yoyo quilt so that I can make some authentically vintage bobby pins. I love all of Ashley's ideas. She's just too cute. Yes, I am a blog stalker. . . no shame.

10. rochelhorowitz says

I cant seem to find those kind of Bobby Pins at Joann or online? Is there another place that might have these?