cat in the hat baby shower

What better way to celebrate a baby boy than a Cat in the Hat Shower?

INVITES- Stripey, dotty, cat-in-the-hat-y goodness made by Jord

DECOR

Wall of ribbon
Red and white striped fabric

Stacked paper mobiles

Red and white paper lanterns

Cat in the Hat bunting

FAVORS

Red and white candy buffet with peppermints, red hots, red and white jelly beans, yogurt covered raisins, hersey’s kisses…

…labeled with polka dot paper tents and taken home in sewn parchment paper favor bags!

I feel like I always say this, but I LOVE baby showers and this one was no exception! Beautiful mama-to-be, good friends, yummy treats, fabulous celebration!

Comments

1. Admitted Fabricaholic says

So incredibly creative and unique. I absolutely adore this! Love it! So long as they didn't serve green eggs and ham – lol.

Truly wonderful!

2. Carrie says

Cute party! I love the stacked paper mobiles!! Did you make them or buy them? I would love to know how to make stacked paper mobiles!

3. Kimberly says

this is awesome! I just got inspired for a birthday party or something… if my son will let me do cat in the hat and not CARS. :)

4. Katie Bell says

I have that exact same chandelier, would you please tell my husband that it's awesome and we should put it up and it will totally be worth resetting the clocks after we turn off the electricity and that, no, it doesn't look an old lady light??? Thanks.

5. Creative Escapes says

This is adorable! I love seeing baby shower themes, as I am hosting one soon, this would have been adorable!

6. Katie @ Hippos and Dinosaurs says

Oh my, that is awesome. YOu celebtration creativity never ceases to inspire me. I just threw a baby shower last week with some decorations inspired by your hippo shower. I'll post it in a week or two.

7. Kristan says

I love this theme! You always have such nice ideas!

How did you do the stacked paper mobiles? And the wall of ribbon, how is it hung, did you hide the ends somehow? I'm planning my daughters Minnie Mouse birthday and that would look cute with red white and black ribbon!

1. […] Cat in the Hat/Dr. Seuss, Pat the Bunny (image and details via), the Itsy Bitsy Spider (image and details via), the Very Hungry Caterpillar (image and details via). And if you can’t decide, a Golden Books themed shower or Storybook Shower are great ways to incorporate a broad love of children’s literature into a baby shower! My second baby shower theme go-to is the baby nursery. Start with the theme of the baby-to-be’s room, and you have yourself a shower theme.  A few examples? A Whale Themed Baby Shower (for a friend with a nautical nursery)…  …The Little Peanut Shower (for some friends with a gray and yellow elephant room)… …and The Hippo Shower (based on the DwellBaby hippo bedding that the mama-to-be had chosen). The last place that I can count on for baby shower theme ideas is considering the interests of the mama-to-be (and her family). Some examples? Last summer, we threw a retro garden shower for a friend who loves to collect vintage goodies, complete with retro stylings (a cooler from the 1950s, vintage quilts and blankets covering the back yard), decor made from vintage sheets, and a polaroid photo booth guest book. […]