As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wouldn’t a set of cocktail napkins be the perfect handmade touch to your mother’s day gift? Even better, I think I made this whole set of 10 napkins in an hour or so. Simple, functional, and pretty- the three standards for a great handmade gift.
To make a set of cheery cherry cocktail napkins, you’ll need-
-6″x6″ squares of fabric (I used the cherries again, but I think some of Alexander Henry’s lemon or pear fabric would be supercute as well). You’ll need 2 squares for each napkin (since I made 10 napkins, I cut twenty 6″x6″ squares)
-a sewing machine
1. Cut your stack of 6″x6″ fabric squares.
2. Pair the squares. Turn each pair so that the right sides of the fabric are facing each other. Iron a matching 1/4′ edge down on one side of each pair (you’ll top stitch over this side later to finish off your square).
3. Stitch around the three non-ironed sides of your square. Turn right-side-in and press.
4. Top stitch along the ironed-in fourth side. This will finish off your napkin.
5. Use a decorative stitch or zig zag stitch in a contrasting color about an inch around the inside of the perimeter. This not only looks cute, but will keep your napkin from bunching or needing to be ironed after subsequent washings.
6. Bundle together and give to mom (or keep them and use them to serve treats at your next gathering!).
Also, check out these other fabulous cocktail napkin tutorials… slightly different variations on the same theme!
If you’re visiting from Craft Schooling Sunday, Made it Mondays, Making the World Cuter Monday, Metamorphosis Monday, Made by You Monday, Market Yourself Monday, Get Your Craft On, Just Something I Whipped Up, Tutorial Tuesday, Talented Tuesday, We Did It! Wednesday, Show and Tell Wednesdays, Look What I Made Day, Get Your Craft On, Strut Your Stuff Thursdays, Creative Cats, or DIY Day, welcome!
Those are adorable I love the stitching
Pati @ A Crafty Escape says
Beautiful! I love this and it is easy to send in the mail.
Such a great idea, and fun to make. I have fabric and a sewing machine, I know several people who would love these
How cute!!! These would make lovely gifts!
Amanda @ Serenity Now says
Those are precious! I love the cherry/cheery pattern. 😉 Visiting from Kimba's DIY Day party. 🙂
These are really cute! What a great gift idea!
I'm a napkin FIEND, so maybe I should make some of these for myself before I try to make any for a gift. Just to get the hang of it, you know. 🙂
Thanks for the how-to!
loved the cherry dresses and now the cocktail napkins too! Thanks so much for linking up on Craft Schooling Sunday @creativejewishmom.com
Cute! I've made napkins, but never gave any thought to cocktail napkins. One more thing to add to the to do list! 🙂
I love these. How happy they are. Would love to make them too! Thanks.
Those are so cute! Thanks so much, I'll be linking.
lovely! Perfect for mom's day