kojotutorial: two minute, no-sew felt diaper

2 minute, no-sew, wool felt diaper tutorialSeriously, these felt diapers take two minutes. I debated whether or not to even put the tutorial on here, because it is so easy!

how to make felt baby doll diapers (no sew)Keadryn is way into changing diapers these days… I know, weird. Everything needs a diaper, everything needs to be changed. So instead of wasting our diapers I decided to make her a couple of felt diapers that she can re-use and change herself!

how to make felt baby doll diapers (no sew)You’ll need:
-a sheet of wool felt
-scissors
-adhesive velcro
how to make felt baby doll diapers1. Fold the piece of felt in half, measure your baby’s bottom and cut accordingly. This doesn’t have to be super concise, just make sure it will fit easily so that little hands can get it on with no trouble.
2. Using a bowl, trace quarter circles onto the folded edge of the felt. Cut on the traced circles.
3. On the top half of felt only, trim 1-2 inches off the top edge of the felt to create a tab on the back half of the felt.
4. Add velcro (I used adhesive velcro, but you can use sew on if you have it) to the back tabs. I only used the “sticky” side since the velcro will stick to the felt, and it makes it easier for Kead to do it herself.
2-minute, no-sew, wool felt baby doll diapersPut the diaper on the baby! That’s it…I told you it was easy.

Comments

1. CJ {Pink Tea} says

I was planning on doing something similar for my daughter. Thanks for posting the tutorial. Now I don't have to figure out how.

By the way, I love your site and designs.

2. Steffi T says

Oh I am so excited about this. My daughter is OBSESSED with putting diapers on all her dolls and stuffed animals. This is perfect!

3. Julie says

This is great! My daughter is always changing diapers. Really she hands me the diaper and stuffed animal and says "he's wet. change his diaper!" I'll have to make these for her. Maybe she can do it herself now!

4. Nikki says

Thanks for the tutorial. So simple, yet total awesome. My daughter is already asking for one for all of our dolls.

5. Lori says

That is so cute…

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Please join me next week for another great party!

Lori

6. Kim says

This is brilliant! My son has been diapering his stuffed animals since he got a baby sister last Fall. I'll make some "boy" diapers out of orange or something like that. Thanks so much!!

7. joyfulmom3 says

Thank-you so much – I have a happy 4 yr old! Just made 5 diapers in 5 minutes and used old fabric I had lying around – left edges raw – pretty cute! The 1/2 circles cut from the legs make cute bibs w/ a little trimming and a piece of tiny velcro :)

8. Cathy says

I am so glad that I came across your tutorial. I have a pattern to make these but Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck will love these.
    thanks

So thankful that you posted this! I found it via Pinterest (do we Google anymore?!) and about squealed in delight! My toddler’s Baby Alive is out of diapers. A new pack is about $7. No, thanks! Heading to the craft store to get some felt and velcro. Thank you, again!

Judy, I love this! I need to make a whole batch for my daughter too (it’s my sister’s tutorial and I haven’t made any for my daughter yet!). :)