As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grosgrain ribbon delights my heart… I’m not sure why, it just does. Using grosgrain ribbon to make ribbon ruffles, then, is a guarentee for many, many moments of delight. Especially when I use these little lovelies as the adornament on my ballet flats and see them each time I look down!
To make a grosgrain ribbon ruffle yourself, you’ll need:
-8 inch piece of grosgrain ribbon
-embroidery thread in matching color
-brad or button for the center
1. cut 8 inches of ribbon and 12 inches of thread
2. sew a simple stitch along one edge of the ribbon
3. once you are finished stiching the length of the ribbon, grab both ends of the thread and pull taught creating a circle. tie a knot in the end.
4. use remaining thread to sew both ends together
5. turn over so that the seam is on the back side and put a brad through the middle
6. use to adorn all sorts of things; hair pins, dresses, purses, boutaniers, shoes, cards etc. let the grosgrain delight your heart. 🙂
Amanda @ Serenity Now says
Crazy! Are we on the same page or what? I posted on the same thing today! 🙂 Too funny! These little ruffles/flowers are too cute…I can't get enough of them.
Oh those would look so cute on flats! What a pretty and easy idea, thanks so much. I'll be linking.
Miss Mustard Seed says
Thanks for the tutorial. Those are so cute! I'll have to give that a try on a pillow. Thanks for the inspiration.
Marsha's Mpressions says
So pretty! And, so simple! That would take me an hour to figure out 😉
Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating says
Very cute. Of course my thoughts always run towards home decor, and I think those would be adorable on a lamp for a girl's bedroom.
Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says
My favorite things – grosgrain AND ruffles! Of course it's going to be a hit!
Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking says
Very cute! I'm going to have to make some. Thanks for sharing.
Very cute & they seem so easy.
So cute and seemingly simple! Thanks for sharing!!
Very cute! I am going to try making some!
Great tutorial! Thank you .Thank you! I have so much grosgrain ribbon I need to find uses for it! I think I will make these and make necklaces for Christmas gifts!