We are starting to make our Christmas lists around here, which is pretty much my favorite. We do two sets of lists- lists of things we’d like to receive for Christmas, but then also lists of everyone that we want to surprise with a gift this year and ideas of what they might like.
We love to do DIY Christmas gifts (or partially-homemade gifts), especially for teachers and neighbors and friends and these DIY mini bath bombs are so much fun to make and to gift!
The basic recipe for these is super simple (the only item you might not have in your pantry in citric acid, but it should be easy to find with the canning supplies at the store).
DIY Bath Bomb Ingredients
1/2 cup baking soda
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup citric acid
3-4 tsp. coconut oil (olive oil would work too)
1-2 tsp. witch hazel
1 tsp. essential oil (I made lavender+mint, cinnamon+orange, and lime+tea tree oil
Dry ingredients for decoration (optional)
A couple drops of food coloring (optional)
DIY Bath Bomb Tools
- mini cupcake tin
- cupcake liners
- bowl and whisk
DIY Bath Bomb Directions
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, essential oil. Whisk until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- If you are making more than one flavor, divide into bowls and add the dry ingredients and food coloring you will use each type of bomb(for example, I put real lavender buds in the lavender+mint bomb, pieces of cinnamon stick in the cinnamon+orange, and grated lime peel in the lime+tea tree oil)
- Add the witch hazel slowly, a couple drops at a time. Only as much as needed for the mixture to stick together and clump, as the mixture will fizz when introduced to liquid.
- Press mixture firmly into cupcake liners in the tins. Alternatively, you can use ice trays, or for big bath bombs, use a round bath bomb mold.
- Let the the bath bomb dry for 24 hours, then remove them from the cupcake tin.