As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hahahaha! So many of you got in touch about the contents of our New Mom’s Tools List that I mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought I’d share it. We began making the list for our little sister, Kedron, who is pregnant with her first little one and due in October. Fun, right?
A few caveats-
1. Kiji, if you got this far, you should probably stop reading now. Unless you want to know exactly what you’re getting at your baby shower.
2. Jordi and I didn’t have the same Must Have list… there were some items that she somehow made it through her newborn days without that I thought were absolutely vital- hahaha! However, we just pooled our thoughts and this list was the result. Also, it’s not ten items. Lovely.
3. There were other ‘bigger’ things that would probably also make the cut (both of us love our Phil and Ted strollers, for example), but that we can’t afford for Kedron’s baby shower gift. So, possibly consider this the ‘New Mom’s Must Haves’ minus big purchases.
4. Nursery decor made the list because we’re sewing all of Kedron’s darling ‘vintage alphabet’ themed bedding already. So that one’s a gimme. Maybe not an essential, per se, but still fun.
With that, here is the joint, non-big item list of New Mom’s Must Haves:
1. Nursing cover (by Ninnie’s Nappies, shown).
A supercute, could-be-mistaken-for-a-purse diaper bag ( I LOVE this ramalama leather one, but it does not exactly qualify for the non-big-purchase category).
7. Soothies pacifiers.
8. Fabulous nursery décor (Kedron is planning on incorporating those Martha Stewart letters and that fabulous Japanese fabric into her “vintage alphabet nursery”).
9. Bjorn/Hot Sling (pictured).
10. A whole pile of burp rags and receiving blankets.
11. Open bottom layettes (this one is by Baby Star… cute, right?).
12. Sandra Boynton board books.
What about you? What was indispensable to you in those foggy brand-new-baby days?