As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hopefully you joined us for the first installment of this little tutorial series and have the tutu part under your belt. Now it’s time to add the butterfly embellishment to the top of the tutu!
For the butterfly you’ll need:
– strip of tulle (mine was 12 inches by 6 inches)
– 1 1/2 inch ribbon
– 1/4 inch ribbon
1. Bunch the tulle in the center and pin it to the shirt, sew in into place.
2. Bunch the 1 1/2 inch ribbon to make the two wings. pin them and sew them into place.
3. Bunch a piece of the 1 1/2 inch ribbon and pin it in the center of the butterfly. Sew it into place.
4. Wrap a piece of the 1/4 inch ribbon around a pencil to form a ringlet. Hot glue the ringlet onto the butterfly center to form the body. Done!
Stay tuned for the finale- the matching headband.